President Obama orders US Navy SEALs to head for Libya

By Henry D Gombya

US consulate in Benghazi where Stevens was killed.

Eleven years after A-Qaeda carried out a terrorist attack on the United States, it looks the militant Islamic organization is at it again. US officials are convinced the attack Wednesday morning on its embassy in the Libyan city of Benghazi in which Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other American diplomats were killed had been planned rather than a spontaneous mob getting out of control.

As you read this article, US President Barack Obama has ordered his ‘dogs of war’, the elite SEAL team that successfully hunted down and killed Al-Qaeda chief Osama Bin Laden to travel to Libya and hunt down Ambassador Stevens killers. Reliable sources say these guys were not given orders to ‘arrest’ those responsible for the US diplomats killing.

Sources reaching us from Washington say at least 40 SEALS but diplomatically referred to as ‘US Marines’ took off Wednesday afternoon and could be in Libya by the time you read this. The SEALS are part of the US formidable ‘killing machine’ that have been sent around the world at a moment’s notice to take out the bad guys.  When not on duty calls, they spend most of their time training and re-training in the art of killing. Most carry with them an assortment of weapons with each man carrying at least four different types of guns of their own choosing.

Officials in Washington studying the events of the past 24 hours have focused on the differences between the protests on the American embassy in Cairo and the attack on the consulate in Benghazi. They said the protesters in Cairo appeared to be a genuinely spontaneous unarmed mob angered by an anti-Islam video produced in the United States. By contrast, it appeared that the attackers in Benghazi were armed with mortars and rocket-propelled grenades. Intelligence reports are inconclusive at this point, officials said, but indications suggest the possibility that an organized group had either been waiting for an opportunity to exploit like the protests over the video or perhaps even generated the protests as a cover for their attack.

President Obama strongly condemned the killings and ordered increased security at American diplomatic posts around the world. American defence officials said 50 Marines were en route to Libya to strengthen security at United States diplomatic facilities, and the State Department ordered all “nonemergency” personnel out of the country and warned Americans not to go there, suggesting that further attacks were possible.

“These four Americans stood up for freedom and human dignity,” Mr. Obama said in a televised statement from the White House Rose Garden, where he stood with Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. “Make no mistake: we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

393,744 Spam Comments Blocked so far by Spam Free Wordpress

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>