Western countries planning regime change in Uganda – Matsanga

Dr David Nyekorach Matsanga alleges Western countries led by the United States want to bring down Museveni's government.

The government of the United States has been accused of having a hand in revolutions now taking place in the Arab world and at the same time harbouring plans for regime change in some African countries that include Uganda, Kenya, Sudan Eritrea and Zimbabwe. This was said by Dr David Nyekorach Matsanga, who negotiated on behalf of the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) a ceasefire between the LRA and the Uganda Peoples Defence Forces (UPDF).

In a letter marked ‘Confidential’ to Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni, a copy of which was handed to The London Evening Post (TLEP), Dr Matsanga praised the leadership of the Ugandan leader since he came to power 25 years ago. Matsanga told Gen Museveni that during his recent visit to attend a meeting in Rome, he had received information that the current trend of events in which the governments of Egypt and Tunisia had been overthrown by protesters, had indeed been instigated by Western countries, especial Great Britain and the United States. “Uganda according to the evidence I have gathered in the Rome meeting is on the radar for regime change in the sub-Sahara region,” Matsanga’s letter said.>

The letter accuses opposition leader Dr Kizza Besigye of in using protests as a weapon alongside Western countries, to bring down President Museveni’s government. He warned that by besting up the country’s opposition leader during the ‘walk to work protests, Mr Museveni was playing into the hands of his detractors. “We all know that Dr Besigye lost election 2011 and lost his own deposit in his home county where he was born. But because he wants the world to pay attention to Uganda’s chronic problems that can be resolved through dialogue, he invented a “walk to work’ strategy with the help of some forces in Europe to make his point,” Matsanga said. Here is his letter in full:

37 thoughts on “Western countries planning regime change in Uganda – Matsanga

• May 12, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Dear Editor
    Allow me to compliment this author for a well constructed imagination passing-off as analysis. First, it concentrates on appealing to Gen Amos Kaguta sensibilities more so that it should not be hurt. It is not remotely impossible that this author is privy to the diplomatic best-kept ‘open-secret’ that whatever is said and done about Gen Amos must pass the ‘sensibilities test’. To this end, you will find the consistency in the media about not only the current but the comings and goings on around and about Gen Amos, in the last 30 years. Uganda as a geographical entity and its nationalities as owners are under erasure.

Some well informed sources with ‘larger ears’ on the ground in Uganda say that the anger being expressed about the general situation is Uganda is not about the politics i.e. who was selected to help or add to the cosmetic superintendence of the country or deselected from partaking in the ‘plundering’ and ‘privatising’ the resources and wealth of the nationalities.

Second, now, the ‘West’ the author refers to are/or have a high-level of interest in the ‘privatisation’ of the wealth and resources of the geographical entity called Uganda. To this end, the authors’ appeal is NOT an attempt but a serious information that he is good at what he does and is a good employee of both parties. This, in short, is what the long and rumbling missive to Gen Amos is about.

Third any references or inferences about ‘walk-to-work’ is an attempt to debunk one of the labels being used to highlight what the sons and daughters of the respective owners are about i.e. the fight to return the country to its owners, period. The author, fortunately, has locked himself out of this august fight – Adios!

Namwanga.

• May 13, 2011 at 8:30 am

There are those of you who have a small memory on Uganda politics. Ugandans are quick to choose sides for others and forget easily that the same Dr. Besigye they are fighting for today is the same man who was there in 1986 up to 1997 maiming ugandans in all parts of Uganda as NRA Political strategist and minister of state for internal affairs when NRA went to northern Uganda to kill northern ugandans. Besigye was the political commissiar of NRA. Do these Namwangas know this or are just talking because they have not known history?
    The killing and burning of people in trains in Mukura in Teso in the 19886-87 Dr Besigye was the chief planner and some of us are shocked that Bugandans forget easily on the politics of Uganda. They look at Besigye now as good person just us most of Ugandans looked at President Museveni as saviour and have turned against him. This man Matsanga has brought out some good things. At least he has shown how Dr Besigye is worse than Museveni. He is not employed by the government of Uganda but he hates opposition that is based on personal differences . Museveni and Dr Besigye have differences that Ugandans know so the earlier this Besigye goes away from the opposition cause the better fight for a better Uganda. I hope Dr. Matsanga’s article that was also captured by an international news paper in Kenya called The Standard will teach us to seek dialogue.

Surprisingly, there are those who live in Britain and advocate for violence against Museveni when the British law is clear on any British citizen to advocate for violence either through writings or any method that will encourage violence in any country in the world. Dr. Matsanga’s call for dialogue is in line with the British law that he stands for. So if there are those who fear to tell Dr Besigye his weaknesses, let them not comment on such issues.
    Bantu

• May 17, 2011 at 10:50 am

That is so insightful. Just wish such brains keep popping up in the Uganda Media.
      Have never liked Besigye as a politician and as a person. My Father kept on running from district to district of Uganda just because he was a policeman in [the] Obote government. He was arrested from Gulu then brought to Luzira prison where later he was released and again they started looking for him. That is when he kept running until his death in 1994 from Lugazi.
      Uganda politics is only going to get worse if Museveni and Besigye are still influencing the political dance flow. Good politics in Uganda is when Museveni and Besigye are history in the Uganda Soils.

• May 16, 2011 at 4:19 pm

There is nothing Museveni can offer Ugandans any more.
    He has already failed. We in uganda we dont have freedom of speech, media freedom is taken, freedom to walk, drive or move peacefuly is taken, constitution is being abused, freedom to assembly is being taken. Museveni wants to pass a law to arrest people without trial for 6 months.
    Enough is enough. [If?] the wests can even come today let them come and save us.
    Matsanga is enjoying easy life in London and now wants to buy cheap popularity from Museveni.
    [The] tyrant will go.

• May 16, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Matsanga can go hung himself. No amount of spin doctoring will reverse the falling Dominos.

• May 16, 2011 at 4:39 pm

The only good stuff in this letter is asking government to talk to the opposition. We have asked for the same, and perhaps the more people ask the government to do the same, may be government will take it seriously.

When some people say that Dr. Besigye was the architect of the choas in Uganda such as the burning of people in train wagons in Mukura, Teso, I do not know whether that makes Besigye a worse person than the leader of the country who is the appointing authority; if Besigye planned the killing of Iteso, what did the appointing authority do to him? I think it is better to advise government to look into the problems raised without painting Dr. Besigye as a villain while praising Dr. Museveni since both of these men worked together as already noted.

• May 17, 2011 at 10:58 am

What can the government talk with the opposition? To be frank, nothing. Why? Because the opposition and the government have no agenda.
      The government need to respond to the suffering citizen. Change the education system and add more funding to the sector. Revisit the health sector for changes that will help a local man in the small village of Lacor. Improve on the roads infrastracture, seriously engage in fighting corruption [and] look at the economy with a keen eye. These are the things the opposition are not focusing on.

• May 16, 2011 at 4:41 pm

All I can say about what the author wrote: CRAP, CRAP AND WILL REMAIN CRAP.
    Keith

• May 16, 2011 at 6:57 pm

We should never forget opportunists at every happening. I belong to the opposition, but I never want to stay meek when things go wrong, and as a Conflict Specialist and Analyst, I truly doubt if Matsanga is true in his own analysis. I know there are many instances when the opposition has gone wrong including forcing demonstrations through business places (which i am totally against, because we should never disrupt people’s source of earnings, and those that want to join the protests should come at will). That does not mean that government has not done bad or even worse things which we all obviously know. My fellow opposition also plays foolhardy when they fail to acknowledge the achievements that NRM has made in the country, even if a small percentage. They have done well in some areas, and we can’t simply just ignore it.

Nonetheless, without trashing Matsanga’s doctoral credentials and whatever he has done in the past, one cannot offer to initiate dialogue and at the same time ridicule one of the parties like he is doing to KB [Kizza Besigye]. There is no neutrality in this nonsense analysis or so called confidential letter. People like Matsanga should stop making blood money. He did so when he idioted himself to be the chief negotiator. The letter simply exhibits the desperacy with which he wants to get close to Museveni and appear as a ‘good sensible boy.’ As a professional in the area of Conflict, Mediation and Human Rights, I find it wrong for him to trash Kony after being an insider. He should have remained true to his profession and simply kept whatever information he knew about Kony as confidential. Instead he embarrassed the field of peace building and mediation by joining Museveni and later talking rubbish about Kony. That is not how mediators are supposed to behave professionally.

Do not get me wrong. Kony has committed his own hell of atrocities, but as a mediator, you should never take a side, even after quitting the talks, and the worst he did was become a convert of Museveni..later parading a press conference about it. He made his millions out of this. So, do sane Ugandans want to believe that Matsanga can genuinely initiate Walk to Dialogue with the kind of ridicule for Besigye? Matsanga can never achieve the same kind of respect that Besigye has locally and internationally, even if KB has no PhD. And he should also know that Museveni has dealt with such witty people before, and knows how to use them and later dump them painfully.

If Matsanga has no business to earn money, he should not fool himself by pretending to start dialogue. He rather comes out openly to condemn W2W [Walk to Work] and join forces with Museveni.
    We are tired of hypocrites like him, who embarrass the highest educational attainment (PhD).

• May 16, 2011 at 8:58 pm

But some of these people miss the point. The issues expressed by Besigye are those felt by the common people. If the western governments help remove a regime that should have long gone, so be it!

• May 16, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Dear Editor , I am again repeating my position. Iam not a member of NRM party. I have never been been paid any money by President Museveni for writing my mind. If Museveni offers me the job as you are suggesting i will take it possible to have dialogue in Uganda. I have no regrets as a Ugandan to seek dialogue. I have also been in exile since 1985 and some of you came in UK or USA a few years ago after serving President Museveni in several capacities . Why dont you want some of us to work with him? [After all] he [is] the President of Uganda.

I have never served President Museveni but I support dialogue . I don’t support violence that was used on anybody in Uganda or those who create conditions for violence to occur like Dr. Besigye. That is why I am calling for dialogue in Uganda. None of you has answered the core of my letter. My letter talks about “dialogue and walking to dialogue” as opposed to [the] empty slogan of “walking to work” when there is no work in Uganda as FDC manifesto states . If you say there is “walk to work” in Uganda, why are we busy doing “Kyeyo”(odd jobs) here in UK or [in the] USA? Why should we be fooled by Dr. Besigye to loot and burn down peoples houses when some of us have worked so hard sweeping toilets to build them in the first place?.

Does [any]one know that the money Dr. Besigye got to build that house in Kasangati was got from defence deals of the junck Helicopters and other duties of Chief Political Commissiar in NRA and UPDF ? Does [any]body remember Dr. Besigye as [the] man who was the most trusted boy until he stole all the money and other goods? Why don’t you want dialogue as Ugandans?

Let us be real. Dr. Besigye told us during his campaign that there was no employment in Uganda. He said that President Museveni had killed all employment in Uganda. Now why can’t he sell his Prado and give the money to the youth in the streets and maybe he will become another Karl Marx?

Nowhere has this employment come from in two months which he tells Ugandans to “walk to work”. Where is it? When a few months ago the man was on radio promising to create violence and now you want me to keep silent because your so called Dr. Besigye has spoken. Matsanga is not on drugs and I have never swallowed any drugs to be mad like your Dr. Besigye .

I have my life pinned on the truth, nothing but the truth which I want us to debate. Where is the work which Dr. Besigye was telling Ugandans to walk to? Besigye has a personal problem with President Museveni and that is not [a] Ugandan problem. Let him find solance and apologise like a son who goes astray .

The problem of Ugandans is that they avoid the truth and turn it on Matsanga. In 25 years I have also gone through a lot. I have escaped death including the one planned by the same Dr. Besigye when he was a Minister of State for Internal Affairs! So you people let us leave it becomes emotional. Let us stick to dialogue.

When I was trying to bring peace [to] Northern Uganda, people called me names and today the same are saying Kony is very good a change of heart Ugandans. Now, why have we resorted to tactics of intellectual threats? The editor knows my capability as Matsanga . There are things that Museveni has done well and some he has done badly like any political system . I have been opposed to President Museveni since 1986 because of the ban on political parties until I got those parties back. Dr. Besigye was the political commissiar of NRA/M and he was on the High Command and Army council of NRM/A which killed freedom in Uganda. Has [any]body asked where Besigye was between 1986-99? Where was he? He was busy beating others in Luzira prison and now his medicine has come.

His boss is turned on him. He also turned on his boss after the PLATE was removed and he started shouting louder about democracy! I have never gone to President Museveni to ask a favour . Even the money that people talk about in the Peace Talks in Juba , I was never ever paid and even the Editor knows that I have never been paid. But I am happy that Dr. Besigye who gets funds from USA can hurt the same peace I worked hard to get.

I live in exile, working hard like any person in exile. But since you are now recomending me to go to Museveni, I will seriously think of looking for him so that I help him to deal with this situation through “walking to Dialogue”. Walk to dialogue is a group like Walk to Work. If you want dialogue, join Matsanga. If you want to walk to work (empty air) go to your Dr. Besigye. I am not forcing anybody to join me in my quest for dialogue in Uganda.

I want to bet it is Dr. Besigye who is delaying and retrogressing Uganda because he takes coctail of drugs in the morning and starts walking like a person who never went to school . I reason with with President Museveni. In Nairobi I reasoned with him, not praised him.

Those who hate President Museveni for the sake are the same ones who gave him space to build a rebel force in Luwero. I don’t come from Luwero. I come from a humble Bugisu home where we oppose for a purpose not for the sake of eating like DP Ssemwongerere and Dr. Besigye who shouted louder after being cheated in the market place.

Editor! I will soon write an open letter to Besigye and copy it to all of you. I am not looking for a job because I have many things to do. But I thought I could contribute to the debate of my country. I fully support dialogue and please suggest how we can get it instead of redaing Matsanga’s name . Read my ideas and show yours.
    Thanks

• May 17, 2011 at 4:03 pm

With all due respect [to] Mr.Matsanga, you talk of living abroad and working hard to clean toilets. Why don’t you then go back home and work in a better environment? The employment you claim is not available in Uganda will still not be there if such qualified people like you all run away from your motherland,only to end up in the Diaspora cleaning toilets.Well I don’t dispute the fact that there are many of us in the Diaspora who are working really hard in even good positions(Besigye’s work has a very good job for that matter).
      The walk-to-work demo was actually not something planned by Besigye but him being in the opposition, saw it as a very good chance to help the common man voice their concerns. It’s not only Besigye who is participating in these demos but all opposition leaders. Why is all attention on him? He might have done many bad things in the past but let’s look at what he is fighting for and not his past. I also come to realise that you might also have something personal against Besigye (since you claim he made an attempt on your dear life).
      So I think the point here is not Besigye as a person, but the general cause. If the government had come out to do something about the current situation in Uganda, then I wouldn’t sympathise a lot with Mr.Besigye & co. But all we read is that the government is planning to waste trillions of money on buying jets (are we also going to Afghanistan??) Yet the same money can be used to help the citizens in far better ways like equipping referral hospitals with medicine, creating avenues through which people can easily access jobs e.t.c

WHERE ARE THE PRIORITIES OF THE UGANDAN GOVERNMENT???

• August 23, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I just watched this man (Dr. David Matsanga) analyse the situation in Libya and I felt like taking my shoes and throwing them on my TV screen. I wonder who gave him the authority to talk on behalf of Africans. Which Africans in sub-saharan Africa love Gadhafi? I googled his name and within a few minutes I have a rough idea of who he is. He seems a desperate man associating himself with dictators like Mugabe. I wish this man does not come again to our TV screens glorifying AU and dictators, hoping to get jobs from them.

• August 23, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Dear Amos
        Dr Matsanga was not speaking on behalf of any African. As a conflict resolution expert, he was giving his opinion and he is entitled to it. You can also approach Al jazeera and make your comments. You wouldn’t be representing anybody but your own opinion. Lastly, Dr Matsanga is a successful businessman. Not many companies can afford to employ him. Editor.

• May 16, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Dr Matsanga was the spokesman of the notorious and most dangerous rebel turned terrorist outfit the Lords Resistance Army untill he was fired by Joseph Kony after it was alleged that Matsanga received 20000 pocket money from General Yoweri Museveni the current Ugandan dictator. It should be remembered that Dr Matsanga is still on the pay roll of Robert Mugabe the perenial Zimbabwe dictator. He has no moral authority to give any constructive advice because he is corrupted to defend terrorists and dictators.
    Mr Bantu should not doubt the ability of Ugandans to know who burnt, who killed, who commanded atrocities in the North and East of Uganda. Collective condemnation of all who served in the NRA or Uganda government during Museveni is not fair and is not acceptable in a civilised world. Bantu has to provide facts to back up his allegations against Dr Besigye. Mr Bantu should also ask himself a question why those millions on the ground in Uganda in those areas where atrocities were comitted are the strongest supporters of Dr Kizza Besigye? Bantu cant be smarter than all the people. He may be propelling the Uganda government propaganda against the good Dr Kizza Besigye.

• May 17, 2011 at 8:48 am

Many people have their views but I find this one a cooked one. I for one don’t buy this accusations of the West wanting a regime change everywhere. Some of these countries are facing their internal economic meltdown and unemployment, etc,. For them to start this exercise is difficult to comprehend. Besides, the source where this man gets his information is indeed suspicious.

• May 17, 2011 at 5:54 am

Editor, Dr. Matsanga is going personal on this. By the time a man of his intellect talks of Dr. Besigye selling his personal Prado and giving money to Ugandans then I dont understand the logic behind his argument and why talk of ‘kyeyo’? I can assure you editor that Dr.Matsanga will NEVER be appointed mediator in the walk to work talks or his dubbed walk to dialogue because he goes to the mediation table with a bias against one side. Did he know that Dr. Besigye’s side is the main opposition group and drives the course of negotiations? Maybe he is going to negotiate with Museveni alone because he has no chance of acceptance on the opposition side so let him leave us living in Uganda to discuss the matter with the president. After all, we volunteer to walk and we are the ones who are tear gassed. Let him continue pinning those cleaning toilets in the UK or USA possibly implying that he is doing better in his mediation circles. I am suspecting that Dr. Matsanga will stay in exile for the rest of his life. You will never return home because you are not focused and gets swayed with the direction of wind. Aint you ashamed that all the people giving you advice are against your ways? You need to comb yourself because the problem seems to lie in you.

Editor, if Dr. Besigye did all those things Dr. Matsanga is writing about and are being done by current Museveni loyals appearing before every scandal, he openly switched sides and is now a known opposition leader. For us on our part, we have decided to follow his policies because to fight wrongdoing, people must know what exactly happens inside. Like all spiritual converts, they tell of past experiences in their old faiths and then fight it in the newly chosen faith. So Dr. Matsanga is relying on things we already know but we have chosen to follow Dr. Besigye all the same.

Dr. Matsanga! Your ideas and your name have nothing useful to us anymore and there is nothing to read and discuss about because this walk to dialogue of yours, (you will be surprised) wont be acceptable by government as well who have noted your intention. They will think you’re a traitor. You say you are not NRM, you criticise DP, and I don’t know how you can sit on that table when all sides are bad to you. You are supposed to go before the parties with a neutral mind and not a biased one. Concentrate on doing your other work and leave Ugandans in the country to discuss whom they want to mediate in their talks instead of volunteering your CV to parties who will not need you.

Acts such as these will make people dig out information about you including your dealings. So if you were honest, you would not have condemned any side of the parties likely to engage in the talks. It is a bad record Dr. Matsanga and like lawyers, negotiators are not allowed to speak against those they represented or even sell their secrets and you just did, telling the president things he isn’t supposed to hear. We also want you to give us responses from people you write to and we compare notes.

• May 17, 2011 at 7:08 am

I am surprised that the author of the article Dr. Matsanga is of the impression that by notifying Museveni that forces are ganging up against him, he is dong a favor to Ugandans! The truth be told, any form of positive regime change in Africa or for that matter in the Arab world is welcome. Despots like Museveni should not be allowed to continue in office. Museveni has instilled fear in Ugandans. Human rights infractions in Uganda are now commonplace. I am from Kenya, we are not happy with Museveni trespassing into our territory. Mr. Museveni is thriving on the weak leadership In Kenya and has decided to annex part of Kenya’s territory, the Migingo islands. Whereas some people from the author’s school of thought may consider Museveni a hero of sorts, for us here in Kenya he is the enemy we long to say goodbye to. In these times, perpetuating any form of dictatorship should be derided. Ugandans have a right to enjoy all fundamental rights and freedoms and Kenyans have a right to their territory and to good relations with their neighbors irrespective of the quality of leadership in place.

• May 17, 2011 at 8:02 am

David Nyekorach- Matsanga (PhD)?

Your PhD means nothing to Ugandans. Your only intention writing to the president is appeasing him so he can remember you for betraying the LRA.
    You are just nothing but a goon like those killing innocent civilians in Uganda.
    I want to remind you that Dr. Besigye is not into this alone.

God bless in your push for self glory

• May 17, 2011 at 8:38 am

Everyone knows that Dr. Matsanga is a bootylicker and an opportunist!!! During the negotiations between Kony and the Government; he came in to represent the Rebel leader coz it was front page news then and had rich sponsors. When money ceased trickling in; the Dr disappeared and now that there is something brewing down here in Uganda, he is back choosing sides, not even having first hand information about what is happening or taking place on the ground. Where are these people when there are wrongs done to the public; in their mansions and air-conditioned offices in the west enjoying themselves while we are back home suffering with potholes, dusty roads, high prices on basic needs. Does Dr. Matsanga even know that there are some people in Uganda dying of hunger in this day and era so please the likes of Dr. Matsanga should spare us their notions of appearing as experts of what is going on in Uganda when they are not physically there.

• May 17, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Wow,wow! It is Dr at it again. Isn’t it time for the highly educated doctor to give us a break? Dr Matsanga has been at every venue lecturing about peace and peace and peace. Dr Matsanga please look for something to occupy you instead of pretending to know what is right for Uganda because you do not know.

You promised to deliver Kony and sign the comprehensive agreement and you failed to deliver him so what are you talking about? You now come up with another scheme of hoodwinking Museveni and the international community that you have a way forward for Uganda. If you are true to what you are saying,you would be talking good about Dr Besigye but not ill as you are doing.

There is no way you can justify the way, Dr Besigye was handled given the fact that he is a leader of the opposition and a senior citizen. Enough is enough. We are extremely tired of your [xxxx] (word deleted as we have no idea what it means – editor) politics because it is outdated. Please have a life.

• May 17, 2011 at 6:01 pm

[Dr] Matsanga! Do not confuse people. First of all, tell us your real names. You made the LRA talks with government of Uganda to fail just because you were double dealing. Now you are on another fence planning your games as well as begging Mr Museveni to put you somewhere. I want to tell you that be external support or not, Uganda will change, not by you or even Dr KB but by the piling demands for democratic ruling by Ugandans.

• May 17, 2011 at 9:53 pm

We urge all readers to be respectful of each other, especially those that post articles in this online newspaper. While we may not agree with his political affiliations, The London Evening Post has known Dr Matsanga for more than 20 years and during that time, we have not known him use other names. He has always been known to us as David Nyekorach Matsanga.

• May 17, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Dear Editor
    Am minded by keep ‘on-side’ your terse message to Keep It Short.
    I must commend Dr Nyekorach Matsanga for constructing a career in ‘Conflict violence-free Resolution’. Let me assume, hope not Columbusly, that he cut his non-violence teeth in the violence that ‘has’ and ‘have’ been imposed on the Uganda nationalities. If carbon-dated, his learning and sharpened skills is nearer the ‘has’ than ‘have’ i.e. strong association with Gen Amos’s regime with a track on having his ways with ‘stuffed envelopes’. Hence all sorts of conclusions, innuendos, denials and counter-denials, accusations and mirages because transparency is NOT ONLY awfully lacking but the owners of the country who are taxed to pay for the violence imposed on them, are off Matsanga-radar i.e. offering no reasons why violence is imposed above and beyond comprehension.

Dr Nyekorach’s discourse for conflict violence-free resolution is for, among and about ‘generals’ challenging each other for supremacy i.e who controls the resources for foreign masters. To remain relevant he should ‘organise-in’ the nationalities as the penultimate controllers of the political direction and resources freed from the ‘Generals of Amos TYPE’.

For ignoramuses, the student of conflict violence-free resolution should educate us as to what exactly are the contents of this ‘walk-to-dialogue'; assuming that the nationalities are not paying the costed plan and do not need to know it. Barring that the ‘new fighting generals’ mandated by the nationalities to fight and return of the country to its owners is taking shape, the walk-to-dialogue is dead on arrival.
    Namwanga.

• May 17, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Dear Mr Bukenya

Your comment is full of hearsay and no proof that Dr Matsanga is getting any benefit from the suffering of Ugandans. While we appreciate the efforts of readers of this online newspaper to comment on what has appeared here, we regret we cannot allow those comments that revert to calling others names. We have therefore trashed you comment this time but would welcome any other that is constructive. Editor.

• May 18, 2011 at 1:40 am

This man Matsanga must be very strong because one person has shaken the entire anti-Museveni group to their bones . But editor, most of these guys have gone personal without telling us alternative to violence. Matsanga ended the war and Kony is finished out of Uganda and Matsanga cannot look for Kony in CAR [Central African Republic]. That is not his role. Matsanga has not said that he wants to be the mediator. No. He has just told the world what he thinks Ugandans can do. I will look out for Matsanga and thank him for exposing an ignorant group that lives on violence. The language of Namwanga is empty and hollow to this newspaper and please don’t turn this into a social facebook. This paper is read by those who have gone to school and understand proper English not those who want to use it as facebook. I believe Dr. Matsanga is busy writing another letter to Besigye so that his supporters can be assured that he has no personal grudge with Ndugu Besigye at all.

I read Matsanga’s letter in vision on Besigye in 1999 and I was very impressed about what predicted . What he said about Besigye has come true. So editor thanks for moderating some comments and we can not miss people like Matsanga who call a spade a spade.
    Thanks

• May 18, 2011 at 8:57 am

Dear Editor
    I have seen the comments by those who have a culture of speculations and that of eating peoples names in their food, on accusations like (Matsanga) people working for Museveni. I dont work for President Museveni. I am not NRM . I disagree with the President on some issues but I don’t call walk to work in Kampala and create violence. I am a different breed of opposition with a brain, not with a stomarch to eat or build good houses. I am like Dr. Bwanika, who has a nation at heart, not personal vendeta of Besigye on President Museveni.

I give credit where it is due. I live in UK where I follow laws that I should not advocate for violent regime change of my country of origin. The same people who are now condemning me used to say the same bad words when I told Kony to go to dialogue table . They called me many names and Editor you can read and see for self that they are here using our good newspaper to reach at Matsanga. When you find these people on their flights to Uganda they dont want to look at you because they are double agents.

I will abide by those laws and stick to dialogue. The only route for sensible people who have gone to school is to seek dialogue and resolve the outstanding conflict. My “Walk to dialogue” is there to stay and it has been blessed by many people including church leaders and many people including Judges in Uganda. I dont just shout like some political zygotes in London or USA who have just seen toilets in UK and have a computer or laptop and start writing black dossiers on Matsanga, who did not start opposing Musevenui yesterday. I started this journey in 1985 and only learned when to oppose and how to oppose peacefully. I have never reversed my gear on the question of good governance. I oppose without damaging peoples rights and property.

Where President Museveni has scored success I have given him marks and where the opposition has gone wrong i say it. I come from that part of Uganda where we undergo knife cutting and we dont fear to do it when it is right to do it. I have no personal grudge with Dr. Besigye and I am inviting him for any intellectual political debate on why he thinks walk to work method will overthrow Uganda government and President Museveni. In fact watch this space for my letter to Dr. Besigye on our international debate anywhere, in USA, in Nairobi, in London. I am ready.

I work with a tough network in Uganda which will bring Dr. Besigye to the “altar of dialogue”. I have not said I will be the one to be the mediator, neither take part in their talks but my pressure group is just like the one Hon. Mathias Mpuuga formed. It has to seek alternatives to violence because the walk to work is misused by some idle people in Kampala..

Editor people talk about money , money , money. Who does not want money in this world? I have no such money like the one your readers refer to. In fact I lost all my allowances in the Kony talks because I was not paid and I still have not lost faith because peace has come back to Northern Uganda. I never invited my self to Sudan to negotiate peace between LRA/GOU. I was called by the Sudan government and UN because the rebels felt that I had the tools.

I know alot about the peace talks in Sudan and Editor my book on the peace talks is soon going to be published. So in a nutshell, none of your readers have come up with the best solution on Uganda and how we can peacefully resolve it. My idea of “walk to dialogue” therefore shines on this newspaper because nobody has brought a better alternative to my suggestions. All of them went hyper on me calling me names because I have hit where the truth is!

• May 18, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Dear Dr Matsanga

Readers have a right to comment on any of the postings in this newspaper. As you may have noticed, we have allowed only those comments that stick on what you have written. It would be unethical to stop such readers from posting their comments. Those that are using this newspaper to abuse you or anybody else, will not have their cmments posed here. Your letters have unleashed a healthy debate on what is going on in Uganda and readers feel they have a right to give their opinion and to criticise what they do not agree with you. We know some of the comments have been harsh towards you but once you put yourself on the floor, be ready to be kicked. You also have a right to kick back, as you have already ably displayed. That is part of politics all over the word.

• May 18, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Can Matsanga support his claim with documented evidence that western countries are planning for a regime change in Uganda? He claims that he gathered information while attending a meeting in Rome. Why can’t he say he gathered rumors while attending the meeting in Rome?

As for regime change in Uganda, the time is ripe for a regime change in Uganda. The NRM has been conducting sham elections with the NRM handpicked Elections Commission chairman who cannot produce fair and free elections results for Uganda.
    I think the author of the article is not aware [of] what has been going [on] in Uganda. The opposition requested the government to change the election commission but the NRM government refused because the election commission delivers for them. Remember, the Uganda High Court found the “Kiggundu Election Commission” incompetent in conducting fair and free elections in Uganda.

My advice to Mr. Matsanga is that he should stop making U-turns. I thought he was LRA supporter not NRM supporter. He should stop double-dealing because it not good for him, else he be considered as an opportunist.

• May 18, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Am still astonished when Mastanga says the USA bombed LRA in Garamba and they disappeared in CAR. Its on record that UPDF forces planned that raid, its also on record that all [along?] UPDF forces were torturing people in northern Uganda and claimed that LRA killed them. Many Ugandans from northern Uganda are waiting for Museveni to be out of power and question him on the so many raids on the innocent civilians in the camps near the army detach.

• May 18, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Editor! [Nyekorach] whom I know is an Acholi name now becomes a Mugisu name. This is first of all mask and therefore what he says and does for his living is a sham. Museveni’s politics survives long by using divide and rule tactics as he (Mastanga) alleges that Besigye wants to kill him some years back to keep the same man in power. All this is one man’s game my brother Mastanga who cannot see it yet he claimed he studied political science. Thus, I don’t see his argument that the opposition have no alternatives for any problems in the country. First of all, let me educate Mastanga that the opposition has pseudo ministers of relevant authorities and they are doing well to advise government but they (government) don’t listen. Secondly, its one of the opposition members from his very own Mugisu land called Hon Nandala Mafabi who discovered that stealing of tax payers money by Museveni’s NRM cadres and today Bugisu cooperative Union was being used for political capital and hijack by government where his mother also sells her produce from, but he cannot talk about it. Was that not the effort of the opposition which Mastanga alleged are doing nothing? Please Mastanga, come out openly and tell us that you are now an NRM member. Otherwise the Bagisu know what they want and they elected Hon Nandala Mafabi under heavy military deployment by Museveni’s government. Finally Mastanga, you know very well that the last three elections were not free and fair. In 2001 and 2006 Museveni lost totally but Ugandans were intimidated by military and compromised ECs. Now the same thing had happened where heavy military deployment was even reported by the foreign journalists which causes fear among four million voters out of the registered voters to turn away from the polling stations. Some of the people had their names missed in the national registers including one of the presidential candidates and I hope you were following this trend before you utter your partisan views.

• May 18, 2011 at 11:19 pm

To the reader appearing as ‘Godfrey’

We are sorry but personal attacks are not welcome here. It is not Dr Matsanga’s qualifications that matter to most of the readers. It is what he says and this is what you should be addressing, not whether he has got a PhD or not. Your comments have been trashed but you are welcome to post others that address what Matsanga has posted in his paper. – Editor

• May 18, 2011 at 11:22 pm

To the reader appearing as Damba

Your comments on dr Matsanga are abusive and will not be aired here. If you stick to addressing what he has said here, we will not hesitate to post your comments. We are sorry but for now, your comments will be trashed.- Editor

• May 19, 2011 at 6:25 am

Dear Editor
    I want to thank you for the balance that you have shown on many of my articles.
    All these comments are petty, made by losers like Godfrey, peter, and others who have failed to see the sea of change in Uganda. Some of them have tried to go to Uganda and have returned with nothing but their bellies.

I have never tried to go to Uganda and ask President Museveni for money. But I support what is right. There are things Museveni has done well Editor, and I can’t just trash them because some Ugandan political malcontents want me to hate him. I had differences with the President on governance but I cannot use violence and arrogance to express them. The letter I wrote is my own way of seeing Uganda. I will never in my life support Dr. Besigye for any elective post in Uganda as long as I live on this earth..

Editor! I respect Hon. Nandala Mafabi . He is younger than me in Bugisu politics so to equate him with me is being shameless. I respect him as a Mugishu MP but I disagree with Dr. Besigye as a leader of FDC. Remember as a Mugishu I have not disowned Hon.Nandala but if I were in active Ugandan politics , with the Political Science that I have studied in first worl not Makerere Universty and the experience I have, I would oppose Hon. Mafabi Nandala because of national vision and outlook.

Most of us knew that Nandala was going to win becuase the NRM Candidate herself Hon. Madam Wabudenya was no match for a populist politician who has tried to whip emotions of people based on their poverty in Mbale District. So let us wait for 2016 when all of us are on the ground in Mbale and you will see my win. I respect my MPs that is why I am always in touch with them on the matters of the former District of Bugisu.

Editor! There are two things in Bugishu you dont touch; the “cutting knife” and Bugisu Co-operative Union . Both are symbols of unity of Bugisu and Bagisu. So Hon. Nandala has stood on the right side. If one went in Western Uganda and touched Banyakole cows and insulted their culture, one would not be allowed to win an election. He would have the wrath of the Banyankole. Hon. Nandala chose to die on the right side and that is why his popularity is high in Bugishu and some parts of Uganda. He is frank like any Mugishu but in the wrong party of a man who has failed the vision of opposition – Dr. Besigye
    Some of these guys writing comments against me were seen in Uganda House trying to support Olara until he failed to even get votes in his own Acholi land. They have now turned on this newspaper with nothing to offer but cheap village insults of failures. Some cannot even construct an essay that meets international standards because they are used to social networking of Facebook where English is not a problem.

My names are Ugandan not English and every good political fighter has many names as long as they are legally accepted in the world. These political zygotes have failed to use their UPC NET that has collapsed and they want to rush to our newspaper and spoil it and its international reputation.

Editor! There are powerful people in the world who read this paper and for us to end in the alley of social Facebook is very dangerous. My position is that there are changes in Africa and they are being masterminded by the USA. . Even President Mbeki whom I have met several times while sorting out my Zimbabwe has come out to say the same thing which I wrote about.- Africa is being ignored by the USA on conflicts of Libya and Ivory coast. Is this not what I said in both my articles?

All the comments that are now coming are not addressing my articles but personal issues. I live in a developed world where education is open to everybody and Dr. Gombya knows that we struggled together to do in exile to enrich our brains through education while others were singing UPC names all the time. I challenge anybody for an exam in Political science and International Relations and we post our results here for readers. I did not waste my time drinking alchol and going for family parties. I decided to invest in Education in the 1990s knowing very well that it would be very useful today. I am proud of my self for what I have achieved in life under tough conditions.

Editor! I thank you so much for publishing my articles and I will reassure you that my support for Museveni on the good things he has done for Uganda will not change. My theme and that of President Mbeki’s article have the same threads in them. Africa should wake up and defend its continent from social outcsats of bloggers who hide behind the facebook facade and other outlets to malign African image. I am a peacemaker and those who wrong or insult me I hand them over to God to give them wisdom and seek peace for Uganda through dialogue.

Thanks

• May 19, 2011 at 7:15 pm

We would like to thank all readers for the great interest you have shown in Dr Matsanga’s articles. We now believe this issue has been exhausted and have to move on. We are not taking any more comments on the the same issues but all are welcome to comment on other articles appearing here. Thank you.

Editor

• June 17, 2013 at 7:25 am

yo right bro,acountry cannot be lead by one supid animal who thinks in gun, we need change!